Monday, November 10, 2008

Tame the monster - stage one

This time I'd like to talk about credit cards. I know, I know it was said enough about that, and it is really difficult to add something new to that matter. But I guess every time some individual makes his (or her) way through “credit cards conspiracy” him (or her) discovers it again and again. This "thing" is probably most painful and difficult to cure among many other money problems. I feel like I just have to talk about that.

However, my goal there is not to describe exact numbers of interest and repayments (I hope to return to that a bit letter). For now I'd like to talk more about what I call “mental fall” which precedes real problems. I know what I'm talking about, believe me, simply because I came trough that. So, here we are, there is a common history of downfall and painful climb to rise:

Stage one - Unstoppable desire

In a places where I came from even a definition of credit card was unknown. Well, may be it's not one hundred percent correct, but nevertheless it was opportunity for a few. And it was quite understandable, when I got there a credit card represented to me all treasures of capitalism and free world I could only imagine. At that point I thought if I only had a chans to have that little plastic beauty my entire life would change forever. I thought after I manage to get this thing I could get access to all treasures of civilization, I thought all doors would be open immediately and all goodness of the world would be in my hands. And I suspect I was not alone in this kind of sweet mistake. I was a newcomer in the world of free economy and enormous opportunities, and I misbehaved, I admit that. However, what surprise me most, people who were born in that side of the universe, who suppose to know everything about tricky world of personal finance, all those people shared the same mistake with me! Well, almost all people of coarse, but I'm sure, I wouldn't be far from truth if I told that majority of us were in that kind of situation. As such I've came to conclusion, people, who for some fanny reasons don't have credit cards yet, want to have ones as much as they want to have sex, and some of them want to obtain credit cards even more then have sex. This phenomenon almost impossible to explain, and best way is to look at it as at a children's disease. It's unavoidable, and to move on we just have to come through it.

Nevertheless, my lucky day finally came. One morning I just opened an envelope and found my card inside. But this is another story...

No comments: